Sunday, July 3, 2016

Wichita Falls - anyone know a good lawyer?

So I f course I obey the speed limit. I have a 16 year old and try to set a good example. And I use cruise control a lot more than I enjoy to mAke sure I don't get carried away (which would be easy to do on the R bike). 

Then there is Wichita Falls, where the officer said I was going 76 in a 60, 16 over. Of course, I think he got me where the Texas 75 mile speed limit changes to 60. Like ata that very spot, because I keep cruise control at 75 (or maybe 76) and hit my brakes W very time I see the 60 sign, namely at every town. 

I'm a bit skeptical. But that's what the ticket says. 

Worst part, the cop was riding a BMW R1200RS. 

No, maybe the worst part is he made me sit on the bike while I waited. 

And boy, after that, I couldn't wait to get out of Texas. 

By the way, I20 has this same scenario, over and over and over. There is a 60 sign around a bend, the the radar detector goes crazy, then a 45 sign, then a 35, the you see the sheriff sitting there. Not so subtile, but enough to route me around Texas where. I can despite my law abiding nature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment